Monday, June 29, 2009

The brilliance of this day is hesitantly crossing the threshold into night’s dark silence.

I wonder at these twilight moments did I spend this day well.

Did I hearken to every opportunity that was set before me? Did I choose the best rather than the good?

I marvel that in all my busyness, so much is left undone.

I am left feeling much the same way – undone.

In this twilight, I am given the opportunity to unravel the haste of this day and acknowledge His presence that was intricately woven into each detail.

While, I can’t finish what is left undone. I can abandon myself to into His loving arms.

In this twilight, I am given the opportunity to fearlessly examine myself against the purity of all that is He and fall humbly at His feet in confession.

While, I can’t change what has been accomplished. I can rest in His forgiveness.

Soon, night will fall and so will my eyes in gentle slumber.

Rest, my child for another day will dawn.


Yet, this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:21-23



8 comments:

  1. "I can abandon myself into his loving arms"--beautiful and this is one reason why I love our God so much--that his arms are always open for us.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes Denise.

    I need to let my day unravel and acknowledge His presence.

    Your writing just takes me to another place! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Denise.

    I am rolling that thought over -- that feeling of being "undone."

    And then you remind us that God puts the pieces back together with new mercies, delivered faithfully every morning.

    "He who began a good work in us, will carry it on to completion."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise This post was absolutely beautiful!
    I love the Scripture at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many days, I long for the approach of night so that I can find some rest for my weary soul. And while I don't always live each day like I mean it, I rest in knowing that it is done and that another morning awaits my great expectation.

    Love you, friend. I'm so tired. Please pray for me.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea that I could unravel a busy day--hopefully I've unraveled it before it unraveled me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your sweet prayers.

    I loved reading this... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always leave here so at peace, closer to Him.

    Thank you, friend.

    ReplyDelete