Monday, July 6, 2009

A Holy Transformation

In the quietness of this morning, I have had time to consider how this life's journey for me must change. Fearful, though I am, that the prospect of this reworking will be temporary at best, I endeavor forward. I struggle for boldness and strength. I am all too familiar, that on my own, I have none. In Christ, however, I am learning I have it all.

I plead for courage, a fearless audacity to live in the boldness of Him who I confess as Savior and Lord. I implore for a holy moxie to strengthen the timidity of my own endeavors. Without it I will fail but with it, the transformation that I seek will be a lasting one. Its success or failure lies in the surrender of my will for His.

It will be a daily, if not a moment by moment, chore to abdicate my throne for His. Every thought, every word and every deed will need to be scrutinized to be found worthy of a wanderer of Christ. Sacred pauses in my day will be necessary to confirm the course of my pilgrimage. These holy interludes will be required to verify my bearings and rework my steps as I persevere on this journey to a holy transformation. Necessary and required they are but not easily found, I am sure, at least not in the beginning of this pilgrimage. It will have to be a determined pursuit on my part to seek these pivotal pauses.

So, I prepare.

It's the transformation I anticipate.

Christ in me is what I desire.



© A Sacred Longing 2009

11 comments:

  1. Me too Denise! I desire nothing but being transformed in Him and for Him.

    I want a holy transformation daily!

    I always enjoy your writing. It is always so eloquent and straight from your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, me as well!!! A holy transformation, to become more like Him and less of me. To allow His Holy Writ to become embedded deep with-in. Cleaning my cup. Lovingly, Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intentional pilgrimage. That's what it's all about ... moving ourselves into a place of deeper surrender, forcing the issue of our complacency and our staying "as it" rather than what God has intended.

    Thank you for your willingness to move forward with deliberation and purpose. I want to be like you when I grow up!

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christ in me, the hope of experiencing the glory of God!!!! Amen! Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise - What a beautiful and eloquent post. I could see the Lord using you to write prose for Him or a devotional book on contemplative living. :-) Thank you for sharing your heart's longings with us. I know it's not always easy to put yourself out there. Sweet blessings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise,
    The word pilgrimage has been rattling around in my head for awhile. You have honestly beautifully said the ponderings of my soul here. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you! Every day I pray that I go more in this direction..not always easy. Thank you so much for sharing such a thought provoking and beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, Denise! I am with you on this blessed pilgrimage...we will arrive together, sweet sister, and be in his presence one day soon!!!

    Be blessed!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, He is not finished with this work in progress either! Beautifully said, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear the longing. It echoes my own. I also read the truth that the transformation will be a DAILY one - not a destination but a journey. Sometimes there are no words to articulate the longing. It is deep, it is wide, it is carried with great care by our Savior who also planted Himself within us. Together (and sometimes alone) we take another step....

    ReplyDelete