Friday, October 30, 2009



Waking up to a glorious sunrise like this, makes me want to stay. However, in the distance, I hear the call to return to life and home.

While what awaits back home is more of the heavy and burdened, I can rest in the joy that the sun will rise again and bring with it new rays of hope, grace and peace.

Sunrises don't just happen at the beach. They grace the mountaintop, the cityscape and the countryside.

I would do well to remember that.


Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22-23



© A Sacred Longing 2009


Just a little prayer update:
My sister-in-law flew via medivac back to Ohio today. We made it to Wilmington NC to see her on Wednesday. When we arrived she was off the ventilator and doing well. In fact, she was off for almost 4 hours - what wonderful praise! There is much hope that she will not need ventilator support. She still is unable to move her arms or legs but if we can get her off the vent we can start the rehab soon!

Monday my husband will see a new doctor regarding his pulmonary function. Our prayer is that he will not need any invasive medical intervention at this point. Would appreciate continued prayer for him.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thought that sunrises are everywhere! (It's my favorite time of day.)

    "Blessed be Your name,
    in the land that is plentiful ... when I'm found in the desert place ...
    blessed be Your name."

    Lord, please bless Denise and her husband with extra faith in You. Please give both of them Your shalom in heart, soul, mind and body. Please give all medical people involved skill and compassion. Please give direction and wisdom for every decision made as they wait upon Your healing. Thank You for hearing us. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunrises are beautiful just like how the Light of the World came into the darkness we're in...
    Lifting up your requests and standing in agreement with you. May the Lord bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!

    I love seeing the God Gallery through you, and then there youare , a beautiful masterpiece within the God Gallery. Denise, you truly radiate.

    I went back and read the last couple posts. Your words take my breath away. God WITHIN YOU takes me breath away.

    Thank you for sharing.

    And Denise -- we're praying here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sunrise!!

    Still praying for your sister-in-law and now your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Denise, the view of the ocean and sunrise is so striking. The beauty of God's creation always amazes me and overwhelms me.

    I am so sorry you are going through much pain in your family. Yet, your faith in God is so strong. I know He will continue to uphold you, as the Lord has you right in the palm of His hand and will never leave you or forsake you.

    May the Lord Jesus bring healing to your husband and your sister-in-law. May they continue to improve and receive from God health and joy. May they find themselves in complete health just as their souls prosper.

    Take care of yourself. There is only one of you. I know the Lord will provide you with all you need.

    Blessings and Love,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I hear the sunsets even paint beautifully in Montana! Yes, keep dreaming, and I will do the same. I'm going to get there one day...

    Glad for you sister-in-law's slow recovery and glad she was able to get back to Ohio. Small gains are probably enough for her right now. I'm rejoicing in them each one.

    Blessings to you, Denise. May God's Sabbath rest find you wherever you are.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise the Lord on the report of your sister in law. Will continue to pray for her and for the specific needs of your husband.

    I am of course praying for you Denise as you return to home. Thank you for sharing the photo with us. May the PEACE of God travel with you and remain with you.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you wrap up God, nature and words so beautifully! I see Jesus is here, so I signed up. You're invited to join me:

    www.heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com


    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. His mercies are new every morning...this is what I am always reminded of with an ocean sunrise. Well, any sunrise at all, really!

    Still praying for your dear family, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denise, I am so excited that you got a Canon Rebel XSi and I would love to give you any tips that would help. Are you enjoying it immensely? I LOVE my camera and I'm getting better at learning how to use it correctly, so that feels good. How long have you had it? Do you use any other modes besides auto yet? Let me know if you have any questions.

    I will pray for your husband and sister-in-law too! Lamentations 3:22-25 are verses that are very dear to my heart because of the times in my life that I thought I would be consumed, but these verses helped to remind me of the Lord's mercy and compassion for me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete