Monday, August 17, 2009

I AM here

In my travels around the bloggy world, I have sensed that busyness is on our plates - heaping mounds of activity portioned out upon us.

I, too, have felt overwhelmed of late. Much to do and little time it seems to accomplish it all.
So, it is breathing room that I am looking for. Space - time - opportunity to enjoy the beauty in life surrounding me.

Still and yet, my calendar is full. My breathing room for now will be heavy sighs and selah moments. Quick but so very important respites from my hurried and harried life. Moments to remember that ...
I AM, here

I am not far from you my child.
I may seem distant but the truth is you are just not seeing me in your
everyday moments.
Slow down,
Look,
Look carefully.
I can be found.
I can be felt.
I can be heard.
Stop.
Become aware.
Be attentive.
It isn't hard, my child.
I promise it isn't.
I AM here,
With you.
Now.
Always.





© A Sacred Longing 2009

11 comments:

  1. What a precious lesson to have learned so young in life! You will reach your senior years with plenty of breathing room, I am certain of it!

    Be blessed,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Denise! Everything you wrote here is so true! Written so beautifully! Thanks for sharing this,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life is finally slowing down; going to take these moments while I have them to soak in the beauty of my life. I have a great God to admire and consider in my times of quiet.

    Find him in your pauses this week. You are wise to pay attention.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. How true, dear Denise. And in just a few lines, you have captured what is on my heart.

    Reading your post felt like it was me saying it!

    I praise God for the heart to heart connection.

    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the poem.... Thankful He is near.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, you have hit the nail on the head. I can't begin to tell you how much I can relate. I'm looking forward to some breathing room in the very near future! Blessings!
    Isunji

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious Denise, I've been praying for you Sweetie. So glad you're with us. Can you send me your Email if you'd like to be on the (once per day only) distribution I send out to the LOAM (ladies on a mission)? You can send it to

    lisashawcares(@)cfl(dot)rr(dot)com

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Selah: The perfect word and much more poignant that peace. The body needs Selah today.

    Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, honey. I am looking for that breathing room too! I miss you, yet that perpetual busy-ness keeps me from visiting my bloggy friends like i wish I could.

    This helps. I'm taking a deep breath.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am desiring that breathing room also! It's so easy to get caught up in everyday tasks and schedules, until we realize that our romance with God, is lacking! I mean that in the purest way.....those of you who have read CAPTIVATING by John and Stasi Eldredge will understand what I'm talking about.

    Today and tomorrow I am taking a much needed breather and it already feels so great. (Ahhh, sigh of relief)

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. :)

    ReplyDelete