Thursday, February 17, 2011

When you see...

I live in a sleepy suburb of a Washington, DC.

A place where there are few sidewalks but many homes.

A place where you don’t always see the pain of another until the leaves fall and the wind begins to howl.

It is different in the city – less room, more visible.

Here, I didn’t know...

that in the woods near the W*lmart stands a tent that someone calls home.

I have been to Haiti. I have seen a post earthquake tent city.

But here

a tent

is a Home?

I don’t want to see but I can’t look away.



When you “see” what do you do?





© A Sacred Longing 2009-2011

1 comment:

  1. oh Denise - this is beautiful. i know just where your heart is. when i see, i am so thankful that God has given my eyes to take in even those things that are hard to see. that way i can grow in Him as i learn to appreciate more and begin to look for ways to minister even at home.

    ReplyDelete