Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Doors

I know that my blog has been a bit redundant after the Haiti trip.  Quite honestly, I am ashamed to say it has been a lot like the movie "Groundhog Day".  I was too afraid to move on. 

On Saturday,  I stepped down from any real role on our church's womens ministry leadership team.  It was a humbling departure for I had to admit that I hadn't been pulling my fair share for the last few months.  I was too busy wrestling with God and not wanting to give up something that I have been so involved in for the last 15 or so years (3-4 at this church).  But as I walk away from this with a limp, I know that I have chosen the right thing. 

For much to long, I have been wanting to stay comfortable in what I know rather than stepping out into the waters God was calling me to.

My lack of follow through left me listing like a boat without a paddle or motor.  Disobedience does that.

My lack of follow through caused confusion not only for me but for those around me.  Disobedience does that.

My lack of follow through compounded problems rather solved even one.  Disobedience does that.

My willful disobedience didn't bring about anything of value or lasting promise.

So, Saturday I had to ask forgiveness from my God and from those around me.  Not easy but necessary. 

Necessary for the next step...



© A Sacred Longing 2009-2010

8 comments:

  1. Denise, such a beautiful offering of your heart here. I pray that you will find great peace in the new doors that He is opening for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you for your obedience. I know how hard it is to step down from a ministry you have been doing for years. I know we aren't supposed to get too comfortable, which is where I like to be. I also know when the Lord asks us to do things like this, He always has great plans for our next steps!!

    Love and Blessings,
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will be with you as you move on to the next steps and through the new doors. Excited to see where He leads..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand. Sometimes He asks the hard stuff, doesn't He? Bless you for your courage in listening. I will pray for your wet feet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where one door closes, another opens. May you see Light shining through the next open door, sweet sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise,

    I'm not able to visit often but when I do I'm always deeply moved by you. Thank you for being transparent in sharing where you "are" right now in your journey.

    While our journey's are different I can relate to some of what you shared my sister. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your honesty. Remember that when God asks you to leave something behind or change something it's because He knows what's best for you. We always go from glory to glory, even though it may not look like it when we take the first step. Bless your obedience!

    ReplyDelete