Friday, May 13, 2011

A Long, Slow, Deep Breath...




Eyes closed

Unforced quiet

A long slow deep breath

Savoring the aroma of the moment

His presence surrounding me

Light and yet, heavy

Quiet and yet, screaming

Invading the very depths of my being

Here in this place

Now

I sense what seems fleeting

Remains everlasting

Him

Draw in

A long, slow deep breath

Life force

Strength for the moment

Strength for the day

Strength for eternity

Begins in the long, slow deep breath

Of Him







I am joining in with Five Minute Friday over at . This is when you write for 5 minutes - no more and no less.  Each week is a new topic and today it was deep breath.  Check out the link and see what others have written!



© A Sacred Longing 2009-2011

5 comments:

  1. Yes. That pause and deep breath has to happen for me to refocus at times. Nice five minute post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this "strength...Begins in the long, slow deep breath of Him." A beautiful piece for Five Minute write-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Denise.....what u wrote does seems straight from the heart...I think you might agree when I say that when we "freely associate" ( a term used by Sigmund Freud) we do say what lies in the inner depths!!
    simply beautiful:)
    here's my blog:
    http://aakritimalik.blogspot.com/2011/05/deep-breath-for-happiness.html
    visit weneva u find time:)
    Aakriti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful my friend. I actually took that breath as I read it...and I so needed it. Blessings to you sister of my heart. :o)

    ReplyDelete