Monday, May 3, 2010

Exciting news...Peace for the Journey Book Release!

I love the often quoted saying of Mother Teresa, "We are pencils in the hand of God." 

We all have gifts given and ordained by God for the purpose of furthering His story in our lives.

A few have been given the gift of wordsmith.  An exceptional art of gathering thought and purpose in a written form.  Those who do it well, create for us a treasure beyond compare.  Today, I rejoice with one such wordsmith who has ventured into the marketplace of ideas as a published author. 

Elaine at Peace for the Journey has published her first book.  If you have not visited her blog, I challenge you to do so now.  Meet her - read her words and I am sure that you will see His imprint all over it.  Then, go do what I am going to do right now....buy her book! 







 © A Sacred Longing 2009-2010

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I'll soon tire from watching that video. It simply leads me to the feet of Jesus, every time I hear it. It also reminds me of how incredibly far I've traveled with God. His grace has been tremendous and his love for me? Well, untouchable. I've sometimes been guilty of not receiving it, but God has always been faithful in his giving of it.

    Thank you for your support friend. It's my great joy to share the road with you as we travel with our Peace... Jesus Christ.

    ~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for her and I can't wait to get a copy of her new book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled for you, Elaine! I pray that the Lord will get this book to exactly the people in whose lives He's just waiting to use it.

    Thanks for sharing this, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so excited about Elaine's book! i need to get my check in the mail.

    denise, will you pray for me? i have recently been asked to join a mission team who are going to Haiti. I don't do these sort of things. i've only flown twice in my life. but the people of haiti will not let me be. i'm a little scared, but also in awe of God's ways.

    thank you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Denise... just stopped in for a visit tonight. sorry to have been away for so long... life has definitely gotten in the way of my blogging!
    I so enjoyed reading back through some of your posts...you are in inspiration to me!
    bless you,
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise,

    I came by to send my love and prayers for you.

    I purchased sweet Elaine's book the day she posted it. (smile).

    Love that video.

    I pray that all is well with you!!!

    ReplyDelete