Still, when the watching is clouded by life, the graces remain.
Constants in the midst of turmoil.
So as I begin to regroup and gather my life once again, I meet here in this moment to mark the blessings observed.
12. A mother who loved her family, not perfectly, but as completely as she could.
13. The opportunity to say goodbye one last time.
14. Memories caught on paper, recorded in photos and etched forever in our minds.
15. Friends who came, not because they knew her but because they loved us.
16. Tears that empty our souls of the hurt within.
17. A night's rest on a cozy bed under warm blankets on a cold winter night.
18. The prayers of those who venture to my little corner of cyberspace. We've never met and yet we journey a path together.
19. Employers and coworkers who understood and supported us.
20. The peace that comes from knowing our grief is as transient as our lives and one day - it will be no more. One day the joy will come and remain forever!
These moments are necessary, my friends. I pray that you too find time to gather your graces. When the sacred chaos of life overwhelms, purposefully observe. Draw them close. Remember them. In the grasping, you will feel the hand of God.
© A Sacred Longing 2009