I was seeing something I had seen before and yet, I had never been in this place. Unknown and at the same time familiar – a sensation that is hard to grasp and much harder to find words to adequately describe but it was and is what I am experiencing.
The sun is the same glowing orb that rises over my home every day.
And there, it too shines brightly.
The wind is fiercely blowing through the trees outside my window. As it passes by me on its never ending journey.
It is much like the breeze that caressed my cheeks on the top of that mountain.
Indescribable creation beyond my borders…
Indescribable yet familiar…
Begging to be seen
Hungering to be touched
Longing to be loved
I am ever grateful for the opportunity I have had to travel to see God's creation. I am amazed by the beauty and humbled by the abundance that He has given us - color; sounds; heights; depths; smells; animals and above all, His precious people.
My heart continues to be awakened from its slumbering state and amazed by His handiwork.
I continue to recount my meager thanks
- safe travel to and from Guatemala
- the breathless dance at 12,000 feet
- the indelibly marked vision of a little one chasing our bus through the fields
- experiencing it all with my husband by my side
- the opportunity to hold such beauty in my hands
- the grace to pray with these little ones